ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mark_Mel...@amis.com
Subject Re: Publish Event Trigger?
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:17:11 GMT
"Xavier Hanin" <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote on 09/24/2007 12:22:12 PM:

> On 9/24/07, Mark_Melvin@amis.com <Mark_Melvin@amis.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am looking at the documentation on triggers and I have also browsed
the
> > source and it appears to my new-to-Ivy eyes that there is no way to
hook
> > up a trigger to the delivery or publishing of an artifact.  Is this,
in
> > fact, the case?  What I am trying to do is trigger a rebuild of any
> > modules that depend on a given artifact, whenever a new version of
that
> > artifact has been published.
>

> Indeed, there is no such trigger, but to publish a module you need to
call
> explicitly the publish action, so you can pretty easily call something
else
> after the publish. If you are thinking about something like a repository
> event, Ivy is a client side tool, and thus do not provide repository
events.
> BTW, to get all modules depending on one module, you can use the build
list
> task with the leaf attribute.

Yes - I was thinking about this over lunch and came to this realization.
It is more something I can just call/broadcast as part of my build script.
 Although, it isn't such a far-fetched idea is it?  It can still be a
client thing couldn't it as ultimately it is Ivy that is still doing the
publishing.  It would be a lot simpler to hook up a generic trigger to all
"post-publish" events than it would be to call it after every publish from
every build script.

Thanks for the reminder on ivy:buildlist as well.

> If Ivy doesn't support this - has anyone else done something like this?
> > The only other way I can see to do it would be to actually monitor the
> > filesystem where the artifact repository is kept.
>

> What can be done is use a CI server which is Ivy aware like xooctory
[1],
> but I guess you already know about that :-)
>
> Xavier
> [1] http://xooctory.xoocode.org/

Yup.  I can't wait. ;)

M.
AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World"
NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information
is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please
notify the sender and delete the copy you received.