ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Central version numbering.
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:27:13 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the response.

Sorry Its last Friday and my brain wasn't working perfectly.

I am able to do this from the command line fine.

When I add it to the eclipseIDE when It resolves the file It doesn't add
the properties in.  They are both pointing to the same ivysettings.xml
so they both have the properties loaded.  However when you resolve in
eclipse not via ANT it doesn't do this subsitution so it cannot find the
version:(

Eg cannot find [mylib | module | ${common.version}]  <-- not replaced in
eclipse but works in ant :(

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilles Scokart [mailto:gscokart@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 September 2007 14:28
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Central version numbering.

You can already declare new properties in your settings file.  You can
also define properties into your ant script and use them into the ivy
files.

So, just put your <properties file="myVersionnumbers.properties" /> into
your ant script would do it for the ivy.xml file of your source module.

But I don't think you can declare new properties into the ivy file.  It
Means that you can probably not do it for published modules (but I don't
think you should do it anyway).

Gilles