ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Resolving Dependencies not to patch level
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:31:09 GMT
HI again,  Need a bit more help.

I have looked at the dependencies and there Fixed and dynamic revisions.
But I cant see a way of resolving my specific problem.

I have a file system holding folders like this:

1.0 -> 1.0.0 (symlink)
1.0.0
1.0.1

1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are separate Major minor patch versions of a specific
project.

Atm the symlink for Major/ Minor 1.0 is pointed to 1.0.0.

I want to use 1.0 as the revision (or possibly even a symlink called
prod / qa etc) which will go through the symlink to the correct version.
Currently doing this we get the error that 'bad revision found in blah
blah  expected='1.0 found='1.0.0'.

Is there anyway to remove this checking on the revision version?  I
cannot use the built in + o x or even [1.0,) as the latest number given
might be a non-production release.  Eg in the situation above ivy would
find 1.0.1 but we want to use 1.0.0 which we are symlinked to.

As these numbers and text symlinks are going to point to version numbers
they will regurally not be the same as the revision number in the file.

If this is not possible in Ivy can you tell me what I have to do to make
this possible as this is a Blocker.

Again many thanks for your help,

Alex