ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing configuration in eviction result
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 06:26:35 GMT
On 9/26/07, Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stamminger@astrium.eads.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we observe the following:
>
> moduleA depends libX-1.+ in conf U
> moduleA depends moduleB in conf U,V
> moduleB depends libX-[1.5,) in conf U,V
> (conf mappings straight forward, U,V->@)
>
> Lates libX version in the repo is e.g. 1.7
>
> Note the slight difference in dependencies to libX versions, once [1.5,)
> meaning - according to the documentation - any version greater or equal
> 1.5,
> the other one 1.+. Though both will would resolve to 1.7.
>
> As both version descriptions lead to the same resolved version of libX -
> 1.7 -
> we would expect it to be included in both configurations, U and V. In fact
> it
> is only in U :-(.

Indeed, it should be included in both.

The dependencies report only mentions version [1.5,) with:
> evicted by 1.7 in latest-revision conflict manager.

This is not normal, even though in your case [1.5,) evicted by 1.7 is not a
problem since [1.5,) is the same as 1.7. But the message is misleading at
least.

The moment I specify same version rules for both modules, things work as
> expected.
>
> This clearly seems to be a bug to me ... ?

Indeed.

What I am not that sure is how it should behave with having requested it
> once
> with 1.+ and the other time with 1.5 (with 1.7 being the latest one
> again).
> IMHO I would again expect libX being included in both configurations again
> -
> as both resolved versions, 1.5 and 1.7, contain conf U and V ... ?

I'm not sure of what you say here... you're now talking about 1.5, but I
thought you were not asking 1.5 anywhere, only [1.5,) which actually
resolves to 1.7. Using the rules [1.5,) or 1.+ should be equivalent in your
case (since the latest version is 1.7). So if Ivy is lost with these two,
it's a bug.

Could you open a JIRA issue, with some more details about your settings,
your ivy version, and your ivy files. A junit test reproducing the problem
would be great!

Xavier

Kind regards,

http://xhab.blogspot.com/