ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Command line fails Ivy 1.4.1
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:47:54 GMT
On 9/24/07, Jim Adams <Jim.Adams@sas.com> wrote:

> Just a note, the ImageResolver jar contains a local ImageResolver
> extension. The ivyconf.xml file specifies its use. It occurs to me that
> the ivyconf.xml file that is in use locally contains property
> substitutions that get handl;ed by Ant. Is that not allowed in the CLI
> version?

The CLI version cannot rely on Ant, but Ivy features property substitution
on its own, you only need to load the properties in your ivysettings (the
syntax is the same as in Ant, Ivy accepts both properties files and inline
property definition.

For the ImageResolver.jar, you should better use Ivy classloading mechanism,
then you wouldn't have to add it yourself to the classpath (which can be
really cumbersome if you IvyDE for instance).

But this does not explain the reason of the NPE... After some investigation,
it seems this is a bug in Ivy: the command line version publishing feature
is broken. Could you open an issue in JIRA with that?

Xavier