ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publish Event Trigger?
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:22:12 GMT
On 9/24/07, Mark_Melvin@amis.com <Mark_Melvin@amis.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am looking at the documentation on triggers and I have also browsed the
> source and it appears to my new-to-Ivy eyes that there is no way to hook
> up a trigger to the delivery or publishing of an artifact.  Is this, in
> fact, the case?  What I am trying to do is trigger a rebuild of any
> modules that depend on a given artifact, whenever a new version of that
> artifact has been published.

Indeed, there is no such trigger, but to publish a module you need to call
explicitly the publish action, so you can pretty easily call something else
after the publish. If you are thinking about something like a repository
event, Ivy is a client side tool, and thus do not provide repository events.
BTW, to get all modules depending on one module, you can use the build list
task with the leaf attribute.

If Ivy doesn't support this - has anyone else done something like this?
> The only other way I can see to do it would be to actually monitor the
> filesystem where the artifact repository is kept.

What can be done is use a CI server which is Ivy aware like xooctory [1],
but I guess you already know about that :-)

Xavier
[1] http://xooctory.xoocode.org/

Thanks,

http://xhab.blogspot.com/