ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Central version numbering.
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 05:43:36 GMT
On 9/21/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> Quoting Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>:
>

> > It's usually because you define properties in Ant and not in Ivy
> settings.
> > Are you sure the properties file is loaded in your ivy settings? If you
> > prefer to load them in Ant for your Ant build, then you can use a
> settings
> > file only for IvyDE which just import your main settings (those you use
> in
> > Ant) and load the properties file you want.
>
> One related issue we ran into a while ago was that our ant script
> imported environment variables into properties, some of which (for
> instance a repo url) are then referenced in ivy settings.
>
> Obviously that broke in IvyDE as Ivy doesn't support drawing from the
> environment.  I was going to submit a patch, but then realized it
> would require JDK 1.5, and Ivy seems trying to maintain 1.4
> compatibility.

Indeed we maintain 1.4 compatibility, and using environment variables is not
easy with this jre. But maybe in IvyDE we could increase the compatibility
level and raise it to 1.5, or at least for this feature only. Or we could
introduce this feature in Ivy if we are able to detect the jre version and
just disable this feature if 1.4 is used.

WDYT?

Xavier

Cheers.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/