ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolving Dependencies not to patch level
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:12:02 GMT
You can disable metadata check by Ivy, but as John says it will only solve a
part of the problem. If you want to try this out, you just need to set
checkconsistency="false" on your dependency resolver in your settings.

BTW, for your use case, what you can do is use a property as metadata. For
example put ${foo.bar.1.0} as revision, then set foo.bar.1.0=1.0.0 or
foo.bar.1.0=1.0.1 in a property file for instance. This will avoid the whole
symlink mechanism, and Ivy will actually know which version you are using,
which is much better IMHO for reporting and build reproducibility.

HTH,

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/