ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE on Eclipse Europa
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:06:24 GMT
On 9/16/07, John Gill <llignhoj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think 1.3 has been released yet... I think you just get it from
> the
> subversion trunk for ivyDE.

Indeed. If you want there's an unofficial and unsupported version available
here:
http://www.xoocode.org/downloads/tools/org.apache.ivyde.eclipse_1.3.0.20070706085200.jar

Incidentally (and this is purely a JIRA thing), technically the 1.1.0, 1.1.1
> ,
> and 1.2.0 releases of ivyDE should be marked as released in JIRA (then the
> icon for the release shows as a closed box, rather than an unreleased
> release with an icon which looks like a closed box. In addition, this
> would
> move the released versions to the "Change Log" area rather then the "Road
> Map" area.
>
> Marking released versions as released, and leaving unreleased versions as
> unreleased would make it a lot clear to the community what the release
> status is of the various versions.
>
> I also find it odd that issue IVYDE-39 has a "fixed version" in JIRA of
> 1.1.1, but 1.1.1 has been released, so shouldn't that have its fixed
> version
> moved to 1.3.0? Incidentally, in JIRA when you mark a version as released,
> if there are open issues with a fixed version against the version you are
> releasing, it will ask you whether you want to move those open issues to
> another version. It even lets you specify which version to move them to
> (the
> default is to the next unreleased version).

You're right, I've marked the released versions as released, and moved the
IVYDE-39 issue to 1.3.0. Thanks for your suggestion.

Also, it would be nice if ivyDEs release cycle was the same as IVYs, because
> if it wasn't for ivyDE, I would be less inclined to use ivy. IMHO, it is
> ivyDE that makes ivy a killer tool. So when an alpha, beta, official
> release
> of ivy comes out, it would be nice if there was a matching ivyDE.

I agree, but making an official release takes time (especially in the ASF
when you are an incubating project) so we've decided to keep focused on
releasing Ivy itself ATM (our team is small). But we'll make sure to make an
official release at least with each final release.

P.S. In case you are wondering, among other things, I'm a JIRA admin at my
> place of work, but you can just call me a pedantic so and so if you like
> :-)

We always appreciate valuable feedback. Thanks for yours!

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/