ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use the latest build dependency feature?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:39:44 GMT
On 9/5/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 09:42:32AM +0200, Stephan Zeissler (KUTTIG) wrote:
> > Jing Xue schrieb:
> > >
> > >I wonder whether they might win out against a versioned artifact name
> > >(e.g. ivy-1.0.61.xml) in a latest-revision comparison. What happens if
> > >you removed them?
> > >
> > >Cheers.
> > >
> > Jepp, that worked.
>
> Great. 8-)
>
> > But why? I configured the revision less entries to work as a fallback,
> > if I have only one revision available or so.
>
> I'm interested to know, too. Maybe someone from the ivy team can shed
> some more definitive light?

I'd be interested too :-) What happens is really strange, Ivy should check
the patterns in the order in which they appear in your settings, so the
revisionless patterns should not cause any problem... Moreover your apache
logs shows that the repository is queried appropriately, an returns 200 code
on the HEAD request, so it seems to be a problem in Ivy. Which version of
Ivy are you using? Could you provide debug logs from ant when your
resolution fails? Maybe we have some special handling of revisionless
patterns which could be the source of the problem.

Xavier

Cheers.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/