ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Illegal type of archive for required library
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:36:21 GMT
Hm, I thought I'd try and reproduce the problem again and see if I can get
more information, and now I can't make it happen with my solution of putting
the offending artifacts into their own conf that ivyDE doesn't use.

So then I thought I would add the conf containing the artifacts that were
causing the problems, and it wouldn't let me, and kept complaining about a
duplicate artifact (which actually wasn't true).

I then decided to delete my cache, but that didn't help either.

So then I remove the artifact that ivyDE was saying was a duplicate from the
ivy.xml file and it all resolved find. Then I added the artifact back in,
and then it downloaded that and it all worked fine as well.

I wonder whether there is some kind of race condition during the resolve or
something.

It is all very odd. I then compared the old cache contents and the new cache
content, and there wasn't any difference (other than some publication
dates).

The only other thing that might be note worth is that I have dependencies
what don't have a published ivy.xml file and so I have to list all the
dependencies manually using <artifact/> elements within the dependency.

This probably isn't very helpful in terms of diagnosing the problem though
is it?

On 9/27/07, John Gill <llignhoj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Although one would expect that ivyDE would only try and put the "accepted
> types" configured in the ivyDE properties into the classpath.
>
> I wonder whether ivy 2.0a and ivyDE 1.3 is any better and whether the
> upgrade fairly painless?
>
> On 9/27/07, Jim Adams < Jim.Adams@sas.com> wrote:
> >
> > This is because something that is not a jar was added to the classpath
> > container. We saw this in house when an eclipse bundle had mar files
> > added to its bundle classpath. Since this was a mistake it didn't hurt
> > to remove them from the classpath. I would suspect that IvyDE is being
> > too aggressive in setting up the compiletime classpath.
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: John Gill [mailto: llignhoj@gmail.com]
> > > Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:49 AM
> > > To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
> > > Subject: Re: Illegal type of archive for required library
> > >
> > > I'm getting the same message with tld and some other files I am trying
> >
> > to
> > > retrieve in order to put them in a war. Ivy from ant works fine, but I
> > get
> > > the same error message in ivyDE in the problems tab.
> > >
> > > I am using ivy 1.4.1, ivyDE 1.2.0 and eclipse 3.3.
> > >
> > > In addition, I'm not sure that turning the logging level from Error to
> > > Warning is a good solution, as wouldn't that mask all errors?
> > >
> > > I also tried putting the offending artifacts in a separate conf, and
> > turned
> > > that conf off for ivyDE, but that didn't make any difference when I
> > resolved
> > > in ivyDE. In addition, when I quit out of eclipse and restarted, the
> > ivyDE
> > > container was completely empty. However once I removed the tld
> > artifacts as
> > > dependencies, and restarted eclipse again it came back.
> > >
> > > This all seems very odd. Has anyone else used ivyDE when there are non
> > jar,
> > > or zip type artifacts?
> > >
> > > On 7/10/07, bhatia < Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Stack Trace:
> > > >
> > > > Severity and
> > > > Description        Path    Resource        Location        Creation
> > Time
> > > > Id
> > > > Illegal type of archive for required library: 'C:\Documents and
> > > > Settings\bhatia\.ivy\cache\ofac\di\wars\di-prod.war' in project
> > > > ad              ad      Build
> > > > path    1184071244817   9247
> > > >
> > > > I got rid of this problem by changing the level from Error to
> > Warning in
> > > > the
> > > > Eclipse Java->Compiler->Building setting. I dont get this error
> > anymore in
> > > > the Problems tab of my project in Eclipse.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > On 7/10/07, bhatia < Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:
> > > > >>
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Hi,
> > > > >>
> > > > >> I am able to make, publish my jar, war artifacts including
> > sources
> > > > using
> > > > >> IvyDE 1.2.0/Ivy1.4.1. However, when I resolve my Ivy library
in
> > > > Eclipse,
> > > > >> I
> > > > >> get the following error in my "Problems" tab:
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Illegal type of archive for required library: 'C:\Documents and
> > > > >> Settings\bhatia\.ivy\cache\ofac\di\wars\di-prod.war'
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Eclipse Ivy Settings:
> > > > >> Acepted Types: jar, war
> > > > >> Source types: source
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Appreciate your response.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Do you have a stack trace with the message?
> > > > >
> > > > > Xavier
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks
> > > > >> --
> > > > >> View this message in context:
> > > > >>
> > > >
> > http://www.nabble.com/Illegal-type-of-archive-for-required-library-tf405
> > 5591.html#a11520057
> > > > >> Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > > > >>
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > --
> > > > > Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
> > > > > http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> > > > > http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
> > > > > http://www.xoocode.org/
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > View this message in context:
> > > >
> > http://www.nabble.com/Illegal-type-of-archive-for-required-library-tf405
> >
> > 5591.html#a11520835
> > > > Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > John Gill
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> John Gill




-- 
Regards,
John Gill

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message