ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Central version numbering.
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:46:40 GMT
What I do for ivyDE is have a ivy-template.xml file with the rev attributes
referring to ant properties, and then have an ant macro that makes an
ivy.xml file from the ivy-template.xml which replaces all the ant
properties.

Do something like this:

<!-- set all you properties here, or load them from a file -->

<copy file="ivy-template.xml" tofile="ivy.xml">
    <filterchain>
        <expandproperties/>
    </filterchain>
</copy>

If you put the above in your ant script outside of any targets, then it will
update your ivy.xml file very time you run your build file. Then all you
have to do is right click on your ivy dependency classpath holder in
eclipse, and click resolve.

On 9/21/07, Foreman, Alex (IT) <Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Sorry Its last Friday and my brain wasn't working perfectly.
>
> I am able to do this from the command line fine.
>
> When I add it to the eclipseIDE when It resolves the file It doesn't add
> the properties in.  They are both pointing to the same ivysettings.xml
> so they both have the properties loaded.  However when you resolve in
> eclipse not via ANT it doesn't do this subsitution so it cannot find the
> version:(
>
> Eg cannot find [mylib | module | ${common.version}]  <-- not replaced in
> eclipse but works in ant :(

Regards,
John Gill