ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE container with WAR
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 11:41:28 GMT
You could use triggers
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/configuration/triggers.htmland
maybe have a post download artifact ant target that extracts the jar
from the war. Although I don't think that will help you with ivyDE.

Another way (if you have control over the release of the war) would be to
publish the war as an exploded war (by that I mean unzipped), and the type
of the jar you want would be published with a type of
"war/whatever_directory_the_jar_is_in" so if your lib was in war/META-INF
and is called jarinwar.jar then it would be published as
<artifact name="jarinwar" type="war/META-INF" ext="jar"/>

Obviously you would have to list all the other files in the war in the
publications section of the ivy.xml for the war file.

Then you would add to your ivyDE properties the jar type to
"jar,war/META-INF"

Does that make sense, or is there a better/simpler way?