ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan Zeissler (KUTTIG)" <stephan.zeiss...@kuttig.com>
Subject Re: Resolving Dependencies not to patch level
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:49:33 GMT
Afaik + is the same as "lastest.integration".

When you use "latest.release" as the dependency version, it should only
use the latest ivy with status="release". Maybe this helps you?

- Stephan

PS: I don't know a way to deactivate the version check.

Foreman, Alex (IT) schrieb:
> HI again,  Need a bit more help.
>
> I have looked at the dependencies and there Fixed and dynamic revisions.
> But I cant see a way of resolving my specific problem.
>
> I have a file system holding folders like this:
>
> 1.0 -> 1.0.0 (symlink)
> 1.0.0
> 1.0.1
>
> 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are separate Major minor patch versions of a specific
> project.
>
> Atm the symlink for Major/ Minor 1.0 is pointed to 1.0.0.
>
> I want to use 1.0 as the revision (or possibly even a symlink called
> prod / qa etc) which will go through the symlink to the correct version.
> Currently doing this we get the error that 'bad revision found in blah
> blah  expected='1.0 found='1.0.0'.
>
> Is there anyway to remove this checking on the revision version?  I
> cannot use the built in + o x or even [1.0,) as the latest number given
> might be a non-production release.  Eg in the situation above ivy would
> find 1.0.1 but we want to use 1.0.0 which we are symlinked to.
>
> As these numbers and text symlinks are going to point to version numbers
> they will regurally not be the same as the revision number in the file.
>
> If this is not possible in Ivy can you tell me what I have to do to make
> this possible as this is a Blocker.
>
> Again many thanks for your help,
>
> Alex
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

--
Stephan Zeissler
Software-Development

KUTTIG Computeranwendungen GmbH