ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan Zeissler (KUTTIG)" <stephan.zeiss...@kuttig.com>
Subject Re: building only whats necessary with Ivy
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:46:59 GMT
I don't think thats a feature of Ivy, more a feature of xooctory. The CI
server may parse the ivy.xml files and build a dependency tree from
this. So when your projects depends on a library and you build a new
version of the lib, all dependent projects get rebuild, too.

As i dont know xooctory, I dont know how it determines, what has
changed, but from hudson I know that you can e.g. pull a scm repository
(svn,cvs,..) regularly or start a build via the invocation of an URL.
But all this is part of the CI server, not Ivy.

- Stephan