ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: Missing configuration in eviction result
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:30:27 GMT

Hi!

On Friday 28 September 2007, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stamminger@astrium.eads.net>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we observe the following:
> >
> > moduleA depends libX-1.+ in conf U
> > moduleA depends moduleB in conf U,V
> > moduleB depends libX-[1.5,) in conf U,V
> > (conf mappings straight forward, U,V->@)
> >
> > Lates libX version in the repo is e.g. 1.7

> What I am not that sure is how it should behave with having requested it
>
> > once
> > with 1.+ and the other time with 1.5 (with 1.7 being the latest one
> > again).
> > IMHO I would again expect libX being included in both configurations
> > again -
> > as both resolved versions, 1.5 and 1.7, contain conf U and V ... ?
>
> I'm not sure of what you say here... you're now talking about 1.5, but I
> thought you were not asking 1.5 anywhere, only [1.5,) which actually
> resolves to 1.7. Using the rules [1.5,) or 1.+ should be equivalent in your
> case (since the latest version is 1.7). So if Ivy is lost with these two,
> it's a bug.

I tried to say, that I am not sure if both configurations should be included,
if the requested versions defined by the dependencies resolve to different
ones (before conflict management), e.g. with modified example

moduleB depends libX-1.5 in conf U,V

Now, before conflict management, two *different* versions are resolved, 1.5
and 1.7. Now 1.5 indeed get's evicted and I was thinking about, if it would
be correct to "merge" the requested configurations. Maybe this should be done
only for those, being included in both versions?

> Could you open a JIRA issue, with some more details about your settings,
> your ivy version, and your ivy files. A junit test reproducing the problem
> would be great!

IVY-613. When time permits, I will try to provide unit tests.

Kind regards,
Johannes Stamminger

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647