ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Missing configuration in eviction result
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:30:29 GMT

Hi,

we observe the following:

moduleA depends libX-1.+ in conf U
moduleA depends moduleB in conf U,V
moduleB depends libX-[1.5,) in conf U,V
(conf mappings straight forward, U,V->@)

Lates libX version in the repo is e.g. 1.7

Note the slight difference in dependencies to libX versions, once [1.5,)
meaning - according to the documentation - any version greater or equal 1.5,
the other one 1.+. Though both will would resolve to 1.7.

As both version descriptions lead to the same resolved version of libX - 1.7 -
we would expect it to be included in both configurations, U and V. In fact it
is only in U :-(.

The dependencies report only mentions version [1.5,) with:
evicted by 1.7 in latest-revision conflict manager.

The moment I specify same version rules for both modules, things work as
expected.

This clearly seems to be a bug to me ... ?

What I am not that sure is how it should behave with having requested it once
with 1.+ and the other time with 1.5 (with 1.7 being the latest one again).
IMHO I would again expect libX being included in both configurations again -
as both resolved versions, 1.5 and 1.7, contain conf U and V ... ?

Kind regards,
Johannes Stamminger

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647