ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: Central version numbering.
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:36:57 GMT

Quoting Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>:

> It's usually because you define properties in Ant and not in Ivy settings.
> Are you sure the properties file is loaded in your ivy settings? If you
> prefer to load them in Ant for your Ant build, then you can use a settings
> file only for IvyDE which just import your main settings (those you use in
> Ant) and load the properties file you want.

One related issue we ran into a while ago was that our ant script
imported environment variables into properties, some of which (for
instance a repo url) are then referenced in ivy settings.

Obviously that broke in IvyDE as Ivy doesn't support drawing from the
environment.  I was going to submit a patch, but then realized it
would require JDK 1.5, and Ivy seems trying to maintain 1.4
compatibility.

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue