ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: Resolving Dependencies not to patch level
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:19:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 04:46:03PM -0400, Dmitriy Korobskiy wrote:

> Hence, if you build system is written correctly, you'd use SCM
> labeling/branching on your repositories (assuming you have repositories
> under SCM, and not using public repositories) or "delivered" Ivy files
> to reproduce the builds.

I thought this ought to be trivial, but couldn't find it anywhere - how
do you specify, at build-time, a different ivy file for publishing the
same artifact, i.e. a file name different from ivy.xml?

The reason I'm asking is that if that's possible, we can choose
different versions of the ivy file when making a build, i.e., use the
original ivy.xml with dynamic ranges when making development builds, and
the delivered one with fixed versions when reproducing builds.

I'm not sure about putting repositories directly under version control
though. IMHO, one of the points to use Ivy or any dependency manage
tools is so we won't have to check lib/*.jar into SCM.

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue