ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Status Promotion Best Practice?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:56:02 GMT

Hmm, it seems that no one has a good response to your questions.  I don't
have it neither, but here is what I think about it:

Maybe the build promotions management and dependency management are two
different things that should be handled separately.

For instance, you can have a file or a database somewhere telling which
version has passed this step of your development lifecycle.

You can see build promotions has a workflow where dependency management has
maybe nothing to do.

Of curse, build promotions and dependency management have to share
something: the version number, artefacts, and maybe some other meta-data.

They are meeting together around the repository management, which in turn
might require a third dedicated tool.

I have to admit that I have no idea if I'm right or not...  It was just my 2
cents.

Gilles