ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with ivy:install
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:30:23 GMT
On 8/29/07, Andy Piper <andyp@bea.com> wrote:

> At 07:40 29/08/2007, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> >Note that usually you use install only when you want to setup an
> enterprise
> >repository that will be accessed by the team(s), and create its content
> from
> >another repository (maybe a public one, or a legacy one) that you don't
> want
> >the team to access. Otherwise you can use the heterogeneous repositories
> >directly from Ivy
>
> I am doing this for performance since always accessing the network
> for repository artifacts is very slow (and the artifacts in question
> change very infrequently).

Performance reason is a good reason too, but then you have to keep your
repositories in sync. Using a proxy for this may be a better alternative;
even though for the moment there is now proxy dedicated to Ivy, and maven
specific ones are not usable with Ivy, but it's something we plan to fix.

Xavier

andy

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/