ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivy demo with cruise control
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:42:15 GMT
On 8/27/07, bhatia <Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
> Its a very inspiring demo. Thats exactly what I want to implement, the
> ability to find a dependency in the workspace. For example, the File
> project
> is able to resolve a modified dependency (the list project) in the local
> workspace. How does that happen ?
> I thought I would normally be required to first publish the list project
> the repository with my changes and then do a resolve in the File project
> from IvyDE to get my changes in the list project.
> Can someone explain me how to do this in Ivy ? Or maybe I need
> CruiseControl
> with IvyCruise to do this trick.

I'm not sure about which demo you're referring to. With a continuous
integration server, what you can do is make the server publish each
integration build to a repository, so that a new version is available each
time someone commit. You don't need a plugin for this, all CI server can
call the target you want, and it's up to you to publish your module in your
build.xml target called by the server. If you want to get a locally modified
version, you need to publish it to a repository, but we recommend to publish
it to a local repository (on the developer workstation), so that the locally
modified version is only available to the developer. I think the tutorial on
dependent projects demonstrate this (and the multi project too, but there
isn't much doc).

Is it clearer now?

Xavier

thanks