ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HOWTO - Resolve dependencies on demand
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 06:47:32 GMT
On 8/22/07, John Wu <john.wu@callgenie.com> wrote:

> I figured out how to make it work, with the help of my colleague. And
> Gilles's reply also helped.
>
> Scenario: To run task A, B, C, etc, only a common set of jars/zips (the
> set D) is needed; to run task X, a large number of jars/zips (the set Y) is
> needed. In most cases, task A, B, C, etc will be run. And in very rare
> cases, task X needs to be performed. We don't want ivy to resolve (and may
> retrieve) the jars/zips in set D and Y every time we run the ant task, due
> to our internal network latency.
>
> Solution: Two configurations (commons and demanding) are defined in the
> ivy file, and the conf attribute of each ivy retrieve tag in the build file
> is specified.
>
> Attached is the example, based on ivy 1.4.1. I think it may be a good
> candidate to be added to the ivy tutorial examples.

Attachments are stripped by the mailing list server. Could you create a JIRA
and attach the file to the issue? Another solution is to publish the
tutorial yourself either on your blog or on a community site (like
javalobby). Then we will add a link to the tutorial from Ivy site.

Thanks for your contribution!

Xavier

John Wu

http://xhab.blogspot.com/