ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configurations really hard to understand
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:29:29 GMT
On 8/15/07, Jeffrey Blattman <jeffrey.blattman@gmail.com> wrote:

> i don't mean to rain on dmitry's great explanation, but i think this
> might be the crux of the problem. there is one way to do it on maven,
> and no one has any questions about it. i to was / am confused by
> configurations in Ivy.

Not sure to get what you are meaning. Do you mean that we should only
provide one way to specify configuration mapping, or that we should simply
not provide flexible configuration mapping as we do? Maven has no concept of
configuration, they have scopes which are predefined and do not allow things
as flexible as you can do with Ivy. But maybe providing an easy to use
configuration mapping in Ivy could help users who don't want to take care
about understanding the real flexibility of configurations.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/