ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Blattman <jeffrey.blatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subant calls utilizing Ivy leak memory
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 23:54:07 GMT
we had the same problem. however, my conclusion was that using Ivy was
not the root cause but rather the straw that broke the camel's back. the
research i did showed the using the "ant" and "antcall" targets are
memory hungry and are at the root cause. i assume when you say "iterate
over a series of subprojects" you are using the "ant" task.

you can work around this by setting the MaxPermSize to some larger
value. you can set this in your environment by doing:

$ export ANT_OPTS="$ANT_OPTS -Xmx... -XX:MaxPermSize=..."

where ... are some values you'll need to play with.