ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: Configurations really hard to understand
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:11:31 GMT

Quoting Andy Piper <andyp@bea.com>:

> In particular lets say I have module A and module B. Both of these
> have some shared dependencies that should be available at build-time
> but not test time. My naive configuration would look something like this:
>
>    <configurations>
>        <conf name="test"/>
>        <conf name="default"/>
>     </configurations>
>     <dependencies defaultconf="default">
>         <dependency org="foo" name="bar" rev="1.0" conf="test->default"/>

I believe in this case the "default" on the right hand side of ->
actually refers to the configuration "default" of foo.bar.  Basically
what test->default says is the dependency on foo.bar should be
available for configuration "test" of this module, and transitively
whatever dependencies declared in the configuration "default" of
foo.bar should be satisfied as well.

>         <dependency org="foo" name="baz" rev="1.0"/>
>    </dependencies>

HTH.
--
Jing