ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <>
Subject Re: Configurations really hard to understand
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:11:31 GMT

Quoting Andy Piper <>:

> In particular lets say I have module A and module B. Both of these
> have some shared dependencies that should be available at build-time
> but not test time. My naive configuration would look something like this:
>    <configurations>
>        <conf name="test"/>
>        <conf name="default"/>
>     </configurations>
>     <dependencies defaultconf="default">
>         <dependency org="foo" name="bar" rev="1.0" conf="test->default"/>

I believe in this case the "default" on the right hand side of ->
actually refers to the configuration "default" of  Basically
what test->default says is the dependency on should be
available for configuration "test" of this module, and transitively
whatever dependencies declared in the configuration "default" of should be satisfied as well.