ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From eugene.goldf...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: IvyDE and eclipse 3.3 (europa)
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:49:08 GMT
Thread dumps are a great tool to troubleshoot hanging Java programs.

Make sure to start Eclipse from the console.

kill -3 <processid> will dump all threads to the console; you will see where the deadlock
is.

----- Original Message ----
From: John Gill <llignhoj@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:03:47 AM
Subject: Re: IvyDE and eclipse 3.3 (europa)

I've seen it do odd things like that on windows. In addition, if I
completely clean out the ivy cache, and start up eclipse 3.3 it appears that
some of the artifacts get corrupted in the ivy cache when ivyDE
1.2.0retrieves them.

The only way I found to fix this was to run my ant script to populate the
ivy cache first, and then start up eclipse.