ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From bhatia <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject Re: Module definition... an *easy* question?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:02:06 GMT

Hi Patrick,

I am new to Ivy too and started from a scratch. I had the same questions in
my head initially but the website documentation with experimentation did get
me this far.

A module for me can be a project in my Eclipse workspace and when I publish
it to a repository it can define what artifacts I have for this module and
which revisions exist in the repository. Not just that, you can even specify
which dependencies your project needs at compile-time and which ones at
run-time.

Till date, our developers have been following the checkout-50-projects in
the workspace to be able to compile-one approach.  With Ivy I have been able
to eliminate this by using Ivy which gets all necessary jars, wars and their
sources for compile-time / run-time configs.

What still remains a mystery to me is how to refer to a project which is in
my local workspace from a dependant project also in my local workspace. The
other dependencies, I can easily get from my repository.

Although the individual components of the solution are well documented on
the site, I believe it would greatly help by having a full section dedicated
on "Team development using Ivy" on the website since I am having trouble
proposing developers how to work with Ivy etc....

All the best
Saurabh