ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Patrick du Boucher <patrick.dubouc...@gmail.com>
Subject Module definition... an *easy* question?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:42:27 GMT

Hi.
This may seem a little obvious to most...... but......
I've had a lot of trouble finding what makes a good "module". I'm new to Ivy
and implementing it accross a quite large group of java projects, (and 3rd
party softwares, config files, media files etc...). This is an excellent
opportunity to do it correctly from scratch.

I've not been able to really understand what constitutes a "module" that ivy
describes in a ivy.xml file.
Which of these should (in accordance with best practices) have their own
(unique) ivy file.

java class
java package
java project
source file
scripts
jar file
3rd party jar file
3rd party s/w (ie. media player)
configuration file (property files included or data files)
system folders (ie \src or \doc)

thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Patrick