ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From bhatia <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject Re: evaluating expressions in mode debug (sources from Ivy repository)
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:34:28 GMT

Let me shed some more light on this one. Our developer who is doing the pilot
with me working with Ivy in the Eclipse workspace feels very confused about
the idea of publishing to the repository a project with his changes/delta
(rev="CURRENT") that he wants to test/reference from another project since
at compile-time, when Ivy parses a dependency with "CURRENT" and another
dependency in a chain of circular dependencies as "dev2", Ivy throws up a
StackOverflowError.

To get around this, our dear developer chose to make changes to projects in
the local workspace and retrieve only the dependencies for
compilation/runtime. So he removes the projects he has currently changed in
his workspace from his ivy file so Ivy gets only other dependencies and
hence there is no conflict among revisions to cause the StackOverflow.

Then he went ahead and made breakpoints in a project well in his Eclipse
workspace (one on which he is making changes that resides in the local
Eclipse JVM too). In mode debug, he could retrieve sources and dependant
artifacts thanks to Ivy but when he selects an expression to evaluate, it
throws up the error pop-up that I posted earlier.

I hope this helps in tracking down the cause. Of course, all this was in my
release "sans Ivy configurations". We will again test mode debug and
expressions evaluation in eclipse with my new release with configurations to
see if that changes something.

thanks for taking the time to look into this.
Saurabh