ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Colin Fleming <colin.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory problems with interdependent project
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:21:15 GMT

Gilles Scokart wrote:

> Ivy is suposed to handle circular dependencies.  And it is suposed to
> work on big project.  I persoanlly use it on a project with +/- 60
> modules to build with +/- 40 external modules and it works (but we
> don't have circualar dependencies).

Right, it's pretty clearly a problem with our circular dependencies. We
analysed the code a bit last night, we managed to get Ivy to create a
buildlist by manually breaking some of the dependencies, and I think we can
remove a few of the actual dependencies easily as well.

Gilles Scokart wrote:

> So the things you can certainly do is raising a jira issue.  It seems
> to be a severe problem so we will probably handle it soon.

Ok, I'll try and get one filled in this afternoon.

Gilles Scokart wrote:

> Depending on the time you want to spend on it, you can of curse also
> dig into the code, propose a unit test illustrating your problem, or
> propose a patch for it :-) (See [1]).
>
> Thanks anyway to have reported the problem.

I'd love to, but realistically it's unlikely. I'll see what I can do, I'll
definitely file a JIRA.

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers,
Colin