ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From bhatia <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject Re: chicken and egg
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:47:24 GMT

Yes, I fully agree with you that its a bad design; actually the worse one.
But, I have 2 projects in different branches in CVS dependant on each other.
Currently, we are using WSAD/Eclipse to compile projects in the Eclipse IDE
workspace but that requires us to cvs co all dependant projects in the
workspace to compile them. To recover from this problem, we launched an
initiative to use Ivy in the Eclipse workspace.
The problem now is that I need to compile first to be able to publish and I
need published artifacts to compile either of them.
I will try to push for change of design to a saner one but if this has been
the norm rather than the exception, even Ivy cant help such a case I guess.
thanks