ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From jgunz <slo...@twcny.rr.com>
Subject Re: Subant calls utilizing Ivy leak memory
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:11:25 GMT

I've had this problem for awhile and have done various things to minimize the
impact on my project (eg. increased MaxPermSize) but the problem is still
there and resurfaces every so often as we add more memory intensive tasks.

I believe the core of the problem is not the taskdef but the reconfiguring
of Ivy. I haven't had a chance to dig into the code and I'm completely
unfamiliar with Ant/Ivy's memory management. If you look at my example
project and set the maxpermsize to 32mb, it fails very quickly. If you then
simply comment out the <ivy:resolve/> call in the subproject, the failure
does not occur.

Gilles,
You mentioned you made sure all subants were using the same classloader and
configured Ivy only once -- how did you ensure this?