ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From jgunz <slo...@twcny.rr.com>
Subject Subant calls utilizing Ivy leak memory
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:12:39 GMT

I'm getting "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" errors when using
subant calls to iterate over a series of sub-projects which utilize Ivy. It
seems each call has to re-parse the ivysettings.xml file and continually
eats up memory.

I've mocked up a simple example project that illustrates the problem. Ignore
the Groovy usage; I just did that to loop over the same sub-project multiple
times to simulate the effect of having numerous sub-projects.

I recommend reducing Ant's maximum memory size so that you see the problem
faster by setting ANT_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=32m

The following project should run out of the box and generate an
OutOfMemoryError.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p12097331/ivySubantFailure.zip
ivySubantFailure.zip