ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Zmaj <mungopa...@gmx.de>
Subject m2compatible attribute and url resolver
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:38:05 GMT

Hi,

lets say i define my resolvers like this :
  <resolvers>
    <filesystem name="shared">
      <ivy
pattern="${ivy.shared.default.root}/${ivy.shared.default.ivy.pattern}" />
      <artifact
pattern="${ivy.shared.default.root}/${ivy.shared.default.artifact.pattern}"
/>
    </filesystem>
  <url name="mav2" m2compatible="true">
   <ivy
pattern="http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy-[revision].xml"
/>
   <artifact
pattern="http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>
   <artifact
pattern="http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]"
/>
  </url>
     <chain name="default" returnFirst="true" dual="true">
    <resolver ref="shared"/>
    <resolver ref="mav2" />
    <ibiblio name="ibiblio"  m2compatible="true"/>
  </chain>
    <chain name="test">
    <resolver ref="mav2"/>
     <resolver ref="shared"/>
  </chain>
  </resolvers>

 and i have a install task like this :

  <ivy:install organisation="commons-httpclient" module="commons-httpclient"
revision="3.0"
					  	overwrite="true" from="ibiblio" to="shared"/>

When i use ibiblio in the from attribute to copy from than the delivered
file-ivy.xml has resolved all dependencies of the commons-httpclient-3.0.jar
like their defined in the pom.xml in the ibiblio repository.

But when i use mav2 ( <ivy:install .. from="mav2" to="shared"/> ) to resolve
the jar then the dependencies are not resolved properly - i mean they're not
resolved at all in the incoming file-ivy.xml.

Is there something special about using m2compatible="true" with a <url> -
resolver ?
What confused me about this is the following :
When i use ibiblio to download from the i can see that the jar is downloaded
from
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-httpclient/...
but when i point my <url> - resolvers ivy and artifact pattern to this url
the dependencies still aren't resolved.  :confused: how come ?
thx ivan

And let me say this quick .  i(vy) love it