ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Module definition... an *easy* question?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:06:07 GMT
I don't think there is a right answer to your question.  It as to do with
your development lifecycle.  A module is something that you baseline and
release to someone else (a customer, an other team, or other developers).

The answer also depends on the level of automated dependency management that
you want to do.

Typically, it is a java project, and third party libraries.

Note that it has nothing to do with the type of the content : it can be java
libraries, configuration files, war, documentation,...

Depending of your development process, and of the type of dependency
management tool, you can split those different things into different modules
or you can regroup them into one or a few module, using multiple artefact in
the same module.

I know I didn't ansered clear to your question, but...  I fear there is no
universal answer. :-(

Gilles