ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:58:47 GMT
By the way, the reason to keep those files in the cache is to allow to
reuse them an other build execution.  When you launch a resolve
(explicitely or implicitely), you can either provide an ivy file (the
usual case that make a real resolve), or you can specify a module name
and its organisation.  In this second case, the xml file you are
mentioning will be used used instead of the ivy file, the result of
the previous resolve execution will be used.

We should maybe make that optional.

Gilles

2007/7/27, Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>:
> You could use the resolveId attribute on the ant tasks to solve your problem. This attribute
has been introduced in ivy-2.0.0-alpha1.

> When you use the resolveId, the generated xml files are [resolveId]-[conf].xml.
> If you choose a unique resolveId for each build (you could use a timestamp as part of
the resolveId for instance), you are sure that you don't have a conflict regarding these XML
files.

> regards,
> Maarten

Gilles SCOKART