ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bhatia Saurabh" <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject RE: organizing 3rd party jars in the Ivy Repository
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:15:28 GMT
Ok, thanks I got it and it works!! Pls ignore the previous mail.
I make it a point now to have a revision attribute specified. If I specify the revision attribute,
what does it serve to include the publication attribute in the info element?
If the revision attrib is blank, does ivy do some calculations with the publication attrib
?

Thanks a lot

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Bhatia Saurabh [mailto:Bhatia@OFAC.CH]
Envoyé : jeudi, 5. juillet 2007 11:47
À : ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Objet : RE: organizing 3rd party jars in the Ivy Repository

Thanks Xavier.

If my directory structure is /eclipse/birt/core/<revision>/core.jar.
How can I express this in my info element for this 3rd party dependency ?

e.g is this valid in the info element ?

<ivy-module version="1.0">
 <info organisation="eclipse" module="birt/core" revision="xxx"/>
<publications>
	<artifact name="core" type="jar"/>
</publications>
 <dependencies>
 </dependencies>
 <conflicts>
    <manager name="ofac-cm" org="ofac"/>
    <manager name="latest-revision" org="(?!ofac).*"/>
 </conflicts>
</ivy-module>

Or am I obliged to change my directory structure to: /eclipse/birt/<revision> to have
the following info element ?
<info organisation="eclipse" module="birt" revision="xxx"/>

It seems the path "sans revision" is confined to organisation and module ie just 2 attributes?.
Cant I express long namespaces like--
/eclipse/birt/core/xxxx/yyyy/zzzzz/<revision>
In my <info> element ?

Many thanks for taking the time.