ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bhatia Saurabh" <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject organizing 3rd party jars in the Ivy Repository
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 08:20:47 GMT
What is the best way to organized 3rd party jars in the repository?

Our war projects have 3rd party jars in their /WEB-INF/lib which which
are currently not in the Ivy repository.

Moreover, most of these jars have empty manifests too so I am wondering
how I should go about adding them to the repository.

For example, birt-oda.jar is most probably from eclipse/ibm.

So should I create a structure like: /ibm/birt-oda/jars/birt-oda.jar

With an ivy file that goes into: /ibm/birt-oda/ivys/ivy.xml

Or should it be : /eclipse/..../ibm/eclipse/....

If I cant figure out the version from the manifest since there is none
mentioned, should I leave the revision element blank in the ivy file ?

Thanks