ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bhatia Saurabh" <Bha...@OFAC.CH>
Subject RE: NullPointerException:J2EEComponentMappingUpdateJob
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:30:30 GMT
Being a novice at the reputed ASF, may I ask you what is WTP ?
Can you please provide me a link where I can post this issue ?
thanks

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mercredi, 4. juillet 2007 11:07
À : ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Objet : Re: NullPointerException:J2EEComponentMappingUpdateJob

On 7/4/07, Bhatia Saurabh <Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:

> Ok, I created IVYDE-54.
>
> I have also come across the following a number of times which is most
> likely coming from bad config but since its a NullPointerException, may be
> worth looking at:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2007-07-04 07:01:10.285 !MESSAGE An
> internal error occurred during: "J2EEComponentMappingUpdateJob".
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.StructureEdit.createWorkbenchModule(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.resources.VirtualComponent.create(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.refactor.listeners.J2EEElementChangedListener.getDestinationFolder(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.refactor.listeners.J2EEElementChangedListener.access$0(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.refactor.listeners.J2EEElementChangedListener$1.runInWorkspace(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)
>
> If you want, I can create an issue for this.

Yes, creating an issue for this would be fine, but in WTP bugzilla :-) The
NPE is not in IvyDE code, and even if the source cause is an exception in
IvyDE, I think WTP should provide a better error handling for this (before
we can actually figure out if we do something wrong besides the
MalformedURLException you already reported).

Xavier

thanks