ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Source in eclipse IvyDE
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:19:04 GMT
HI,
John, I actually tried this before I posted.  I'm am intrigued that you
claim it works as It doesn't completely for me.

I have had:
<artifact name="library" type="jar" ext="jar" />
<artifact name="library" type="source" ext="src.jar" />

As you state but when I click on the source it says source not attached.
When I go to the properties for the jar I have included the source to I
get a Location path for the source attachment which is
'cache/org/library/sources/library.jar'  OFC if I change this to
'cache/org/library/sources/library.src.jar' I can see the source
perfectly.

This is not acceptable for our enviroment as we have projects with tens
of different jars and developers are not going to be happy or at there
most productive if they have to do this for every jar.  (imagine
debugging :( ).  If this happened perfectly for you I would like to know
what version of IvyED / eclipse you used and the steps that you took so
I can find out what I did wrong.
It is copying the source/jars over correctly but not pointing to them in
eclipse.

One of the nice things abuot ivy is the seperation of ivy meta data from
the actual data.  It's therefore a shame that ivy/ivyde doesn't seem to
recognize that source and jars can be in differnet locations.

I think this would solve the problems but am not sure if it would need
to be fixed in ivyDE.  If url="" was used first to search for the
artifact you could have:
<artifact name="library" type="jar" ext="jar" />
<artifact name="library" type="source" ext="src.jar"
url="/../../<org>/library/library.src.jar" />

And we would grab this first and presumably be used by ivyDe correctly.

Is the src.jar not being added just a small bug in ivyDE using [.jar] by
default instead of [ext] at the end?

I am really grateful for your replies and help.  We are highly
interested in this but this is the major blocker atm so any resolution
is great.  We really need the ability to automatically attach the source
with no developer input needed.

I also saw the post about adding source similar to maven2 by having a
postfix.  Maybe this would resolve the problem in a better way?

Many thanks,

Alex