ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <>
Subject Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:22:27 GMT
You could use the resolveId attribute on the ant tasks to solve your problem. This attribute
has been introduced in ivy-2.0.0-alpha1.

When you use the resolveId, the generated xml files are [resolveId]-[conf].xml.
If you choose a unique resolveId for each build (you could use a timestamp as part of the
resolveId for instance), you are sure that you don't have a conflict regarding these XML files.

----- Original Message ----
From: Gregoire Henry <>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 5:21:14 PM
Subject: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)

I have a problem with the files created by ivy in the cache during the
resolve phase ..
Ivy create some files nammed [org]-[module]-[conf].xml in the cache ,
should'nt those files be created in a temporary location outside of the
cache, and preferably in project specific directory   ?

My use case is the following

We have a Continuous Build Server who can build at the same time several
different build from the same project ....
In my build i create a clean.resolve task for deleting the
[org]-[module]-[conf].xml files at the beginnig of each build ... as we
can have multiple build at the same time for the same project
I sometime have some build failled because of the deletion of this files
by another starting build ...

I still have created different cache location for my different project ,
but this use case should drive me to create a different cache for each
build !!!

Have you a solution for that ?
would it be possible to have an ivy.temp.dir properties ?
Is there a different implementation in 2.0.0 ?

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy)
at Yahoo! Games.

View raw message