ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: artifact and ivy pattern
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:32:16 GMT
On 7/17/07, bhatia <Bhatia@ofac.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> IF I use the [artifact].[ext] pattern, I cant publish my artifacts with
> the
> revision attribute. If I add the revision attribute like:
> [artifact]-[revision].[ext] or [artifact](-[revision]).[ext] then Ivy
> expects to find all my artifacts with a revision e.g. Ivy expects to find
> jradius-client-1.0.jar instead of jradius-client.jar and therefore fails
> download artifacts.
>
> <filesystem name="shared">
>        <ivy
>
> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>        <artifact
>
> pattern="${cellier}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"
> />                      </filesystem>
>
> I have versioned all 3rd party jars in the repository but I havent added
> revsion numbers manually renaming each jar which I dont imagine I will
> need
> to do. As far as our proprietory artifacts are concerned, I want to
> publish
> them with the [revision] attribute.
>
> Is there a solution that would allow my publishings with a revision
> attribute but will be lenient with the 3rd party jars which dont have a
> revision attribute in their filename ?

You can put several patterns in your filesystem resolver, one with a
revision, one without. This will be less efficient for artifacts requiring
the second pattern though (but usually filesystem based repository are
pretty fast, so this might not be an issue. The solution to improve the perf
is to use two resolver, one for third party and one for internal, configured
appropriately, and use the modules section in your settings file to tell ivy
how to use both.

See http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/configuration/module.html

Xavier

Many thanks