ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is <ivy:cleancache /> ready?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:50:26 GMT
On 7/16/07, Buck, Robert <rbuck@verisign.com> wrote:

> Xavier,
>
> Is this part of the larger flexible cache management project you said
> would be in 2.0?
>
> If not, do you know if there has been any progress on that one?

We can't really consider it as being part of the more flexible cache
management, since it's a very simple task which only allows to clean your
whole cache. About the more flexible cache management, I started a
discussion some time ago on the dev list about my intention on the changes
needed, had some feedback from stephane, but then didn't find time to
actually start the experimentation. It happens that the change is pretty
complex, and I'm not sure we will have enough resource (ie time) to actually
implement a very flexible cache management in 2.0. Gilles suggested to
postpone it in 2.1, we haven't agreed so far, I think it will depend on our
availability.

BTW, you might want to tell us more about what you exactly would like to do,
because at the moment the cache management is not so inflexible. With the
useOrigin feature introduced in 1.4, you can already avoid a lot of copy. So
maybe we could find something to do simpler than reviewing the whole cache
management as suggested in IVY-399.

Best,

Xavier

Things are all lined up at VeriSign for testing this.

> -Bob

declarations