ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to setup IvyDE when using dependent projects in Eclipse?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:55:08 GMT
On 7/16/07, Nigel Charman <online@charman.net.nz> wrote:

> Project B depends on Project A.  In Eclipse, the build path for project B
> includes project A.  In project B's ivy.xml file we also define a
> dependency
> on project A. When I "Add Ivy Library" with IvyDE, the result is that
> project B's build path includes both eclipse project A and A.jar (in the
> IvyDE classpath container).
>
> To work around this, I have defined an "ide" configuration within my
> ivy.xml, excluded the A.jar dependency from the "ide" conf, and configured
> IvyDE to use the "ide" conf.  This works OK, but is quite limiting.  For
> example, I'd also like to exclude A.jar from my "test" conf, but only when
> running in Eclipse.  It also seems "bad" since the documentation states
> that
> you should use "exclude" only for dependencies for which you do not
> control
> the ivy.xml.
>
> Is there a better solution to this problem?

>From my experience the easier workaround is to keep A.jar in your ivy
classpath container in IvyDE, put use the "order  and export" tab in your
project build path to put your project dependency before the classpath
container.

The other solution would be to implement automatic project dependencies in
IvyDE. Someone provided a patch once, but which wasn't stable enough to be
included. I think there's a JIRA issue about this. You can try it,
experiment, improve it and give feedback if you want.

HTH,

Xavier

Cheers