ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: status of official ivy repo?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:38:26 GMT
On 7/11/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just curios about the status of any official ivy repository - I see the
> default value for ivy.ivyrep.default.ivy.root still point to jayasoft.
> Is there any plan to establish one in parallel to the maven2 repository?

This is a good question! The last version of Ivy defaults to use the maven 2
repository instead of ivyrep. But I still think ivy files are more flexible
than maven 2 poms (mainly thanks to configurations), so it would be
interesting to have ivy files for some modules, and poms for the rest. Then
when using Ivy you would by default use Ivy file when present, and pom when
there is no ivy file. This requires to have the same namespace (apache
commons modules in commons-xxx organization for instance, and use of dots in
organizations names). But it could be useful, especially if we provide a
task to publish to a maven 2 repo (including conversion of ivy file to a
pom). Then it would be pretty easy for Ivy powered projects to publish to
the maven 2 repo without loosing the quality of their metadata. There's
already an issue asking for the creation of a ivytopom task, with that we
wouldn't be too far from what we need. The other part is convince maven
people to accept ivy files in their repository... I can start a discussion
about that. The final point is that it wouldn't be possible IMO to publish a
module with several artifacts (except source and javadoc).

What do you think?

Xavier

Thanks.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/