ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No JAR in the cache?
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:43:33 GMT
On 7/8/07, hezjing <hezjing@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have the following ivy.xml,
>
> <ivy-module version="1.0">
> <info organisation="dummy" module="dummy" />
> <configurations defaultconfmapping="default">
> <conf name="compile" />
> <conf name="runtime" extends="compile" />
> </configurations>
> <dependencies>
> <dependency org="org.apache.struts" name="struts2-core" rev="2.0.8"
> conf="compile" />
> <dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring-dao" rev="2.0.6"
> conf="compile" />
> <dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring-hibernate3"
> rev="2.0.6" conf="compile" />
> <dependency org="org.hibernate" name="hibernate-annotations"
> rev="3.3.0.ga" conf="compile" />
> </dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>
> When run, I don't see any error and the dependencies seem to be
> successfully resolved. However, there is no JAR loaded in the Ivy's
> cache.
>
> There are only 2 files found in
> .ivy\cache\org.springframework\spring-hibernate3: ivy-2.0.6.xml,
> ivydata-2.0.6.properties
>
> Note: I have jta.jar saved at
> .ivy\shared\javax.transaction\jta\1.0.1B\jars.
>

> Any idea? I'm curious if you will encounter the same problem?

I think it's a problem of configuration. Indeed in current Ivy version maven
2 poms expose their artifact in the "master" configuration, and "default",
but not in "compile". Gilles suggested to change that, I think it's a good
idea. To check if this is the source of your problem, try adding
defaultConfMapping="compile,runtime->default" to your dependencies tag. It
will tell Ivy that when you declare a dependency as "compile", it should
consider it as "compile->default".

Xavier

--

http://xhab.blogspot.com/