ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can filesystem resolver support usePOMs?
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 11:05:46 GMT
On 7/7/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> I have this chain (returnFirst=true): cache -> local filesystem ->
> official ibiblio.
>
> The local filesystem repository hosts my own artifacts _and_ some open
> source ones whose poms are broken in ibiblio. Now the problem is since
> FileSystemResolver doesn't support usePoms, whatever artifacts I copy
> over from ibiblio lose their transitive dependencies.

You can use poms with a filesystem resolver if you specify the pom extension
in your "ivy" pattern, instead of using [ext].

I know I could set up a proxy to ibiblio and publish the artifacts I
> wish to override there instead, but it's much more hassle to maintain
> and then I can't declare the proxy repository as "local", and in turn
> won't be able to "useOrigin" later in the paths.
>
> From the resolver class hierarchy standpoint, since all the
> AbstractResourceResolver subclasses can be m2compatible and hence
> basically maven2 aware, I wonder if it makes sense to make any
> AbstractResourceResolver - in my particular case the FileSystemResolver
> - support usePoms.

Indeed, it would be more obvious to use than using a specific pattern as I
suggest. Please open an issue in JIRA.

Xavier

--

http://xhab.blogspot.com/