ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re[3]: IvyDE 1.2.0/Eclipse 3.2.2: source attachments are working, Javadocs are not
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:58:36 GMT
On 7/7/07, Dmitriy Korobskiy <dkroot1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Xavier

> DK> Re: your e-mail from Friday, July 6, 2007 2:14 AM
>
> DK> Thanks a lot! I'll build the trunks specifically to try this fix. This
> issue was
> DK> holding our project from repackaging our repository.
>
> I tried this release today :
> http://www.xoocode.org/downloads/tools/org.apache.ivyde.eclipse_1.3.0.20070706085200.jar

Just to be accurate, this is not a release, but only a build I've made for
my own use. This is NOT an Apache release.

It saved me some time of not getting the trunk and building from source.

> The issue (IVYDE-55) is marked as fixed there. I did see the Javadoc
> attachment
> in my test case which was not attaching before, but now it is attaching
> the wrong file -
> the JAR itself, not .javadoc.zip. Source attachment (still) works as
> expected.

This is strange. I admit that I only tested with not declared source and
javadoc (see below)

I'm also curious about the related IVYDE-46 "Support javadoc and sources
> even in
> modules where they are not declared". I've read the issue but it does not
> have
> much detail. How does it work ? Does it mean that the artifact itself is
> used as Javadoc
> and source?

No, I admit the issue is not clear, its purpose is to support maven 2
javadoc and sources. Indeed maven 2 poms do not contain any information
about the availability or not of source and javadoc files. So we can't when
we parse the pom declare source and javadoc artifacts, otherwise Ivy would
raise an error if the artifacts are not present. To have an accurate module
descriptor, we should test the availability of the javadoc and source
artifacts when parsing the pom. This is not trivial, because Ivy module
parser relise on the self containment of the module descriptor, which is not
the case for maven poms. We will have to deal with that in Ivy, but as a
fast way of making source and javadoc attachments working in IvyDE for maven
poms, it's now IvyDE which checks if a javadoc or source artifact is present
even if it isn't declare. But those artifacts have to follow maven
convention.

In your case maybe Ivy think it has found a javadoc file while it's actually
the main artifact. I don't have much time now, maybe you can try to
investigate a little bit yourself by building IvyDE from source and
debugging your use case... You can also reopen IVYDE-55. And I'll try to
find time for this next week.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/