ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE and eclipse 3.3 (europa)
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:59:55 GMT
On 7/6/07, Ben Turner <ben.turner@pobox.com> wrote:

> John Gill-3 wrote:
> >
> > I've been using IvyDE with eclipse 3.3 since your original email letting
> > us
> > all now that eclipse 3.3 was released, and I think I might have found
> > another problem today with the ivy console. If ivyDE can't resolve
> > something, you get the problem in a popup (in one very long line), and
> > after
> > closing that, when you look in the ivy console seems completely empty.
> >
> > Perhaps someone would like to confirm this behavior.
> >

> I can confirm this - I've been having network proxy issues all week, which
> has caused Eclipse 3.3 updates to be troublesome. Once I finally got IvyDE
> 1.2.0 installed, I tried to update and got the "all messages on one big
> long
> line" popup box and nothing in my IvyDE console.

If you have this problem again, could you capture the popup and post it in a
JIRA issue (this mailing list strip attachments)?  I've tried to reproduce
by setting bad dependency information in my ivy file and got a popup with a
long message in the details textarea (which is scrollable), and then got
more details in the IvyConsole...

Furthermore, having failed to resolve any of the Ivy libraries, I flushed my
> ivy-cache and noted that the ivy.xml "managed dependencies" library icon
> then vanished, and only reappeared after some fiddling around and a reboot
> of Eclipse.

It happened to me too a long time ago, it seems that sometime eclipse get
confused with IvyDE, especially when a resolve is done at startup and last
very long. Maybe it's a threading problem, not easy to investigate. Usually
restarting eclipse solves the problem, and it only happens seldomly.

Xavier